Buying a home is an exciting and emotional time for many people.
To help you buy your home with more confidence, make sure you get owner’s title insurance.
7 Reasons Why Every Homebuyer Needs Owner’s Title Insurance
1. A home is probably the single largest investment you will make in your life.
You insure everything else that’s valuable to you- your life, car, health, pets, etc., so why not your largest investment?
For a one-time fee, owner’s title insurance protects your property rights for as long as you own your home.
2. If you’re buying a home, there are many hidden issues that may pop up only after you purchase your home.
Getting an owner’s title insurance policy is the best way to protect your self from unforeseen title discrepancies.
Don’t think it will happen to you?
Think again. Title claims can include.
- outstanding mortgages and judgments, or a lien against the property because the seller has not paid his taxes.
- pending legal action against the property that could affect you.
- an unknown heir of a previous owner who is claiming ownership of the property.
3. Owner’s title insurance is a one-time fee that’s very low relative to the value it provides.
It typically costs around 0.5% of the home’s purchase price.
4. As long as you or your heirs own your home, owner’s title insurance protects your property rights.
5. Homeowners insurance and warranties protect only the structure and belongings of your home.
Getting owner’s title insurance ensures your property rights are protected.
6. Each year, more than 80% of American’s homebuyers choose to get owner’s title insurance.
7. If you’re buying a home, owner’s title insurance let’s you rest assured knowing that you’re protected from
inheriting possible debts or legal problems, once you’ve closed your new home.